If someone asks you “what’s your dream job,” are you able to answer without even thinking? Congrats–I wish I could say the same. Hell, I’d settle for just being able to answer “what kind of job are you looking for?” or “what would you like to be doing?”
Alas, the best I can do is say that I CAN DO several things really well. Write. Develop and implement online community and social media strategies. Marketing–both digital and traditional. Association management. Web stuff.
Just like Mizz Information is an expression of me knowing a little bit about a lot of things, my consultancy–for now still named McGary Associates until I’m inspired to come up with something cooler–is less about me offering one particular service and more about me being sort of the digital equivalent of a handyman. Need someone to write content? I can do that. Need a website? I can do that. Ditto social media, online community, email, marketing, etc. And even if I haven’t done something before, I’m a quick study if you’re in a bind and just need someone who can jump in and get stuff done.
Here are some of the things I can help with:
- Writing. Whether you need someone to write blog posts, magazine articles, marketing copy, white papers, social media posts…you name it, I can write it. From creative to technical, I have more than 20 years’ experience writing everything from regulatory affairs documentation to feature articles to ebooks to fiction. I may have even ghost written that thought leadership piece you read in….oh, wait, if I told you, I’d have to kill you 🙂
- Online community. I’ve been managing online communities and social media for associations and for-profit companies since 2008 and can help your organization no matter where you are in terms of online community maturity. Are you trying to evaluate whether you’re better off having your community live on a public platform like Facebook or LinkedIn, or if it’s worth investing in a private online community platform? Or maybe you have an existing community that’s never lived up to the vendor’s promises but want to see if there’s anything you could be doing to fix it before pulling the plug? I can help with software selection, strategy, training and more.
- Social media.For better or for worse, social media is here to stay. Do you keep hearing about the importance of developing your online presence and using social media to stay marketable in your field, but you really have no interest in tweeting about what you ate for lunch and don’t even have a LinkedIn profile? Or maybe you have a social media presence that’s, well, present, but that’s about it? I offer personalized social media services including training, audits, strategy, policies and more for both organizations and individuals.
- Website development and content management. Need a website built from scratch? Or have one but need someone to help post new content, do a content audit or craft a content strategy? I can help with any/all of that. I have experience with WordPress, Squarespace, Hubspot COS, Ektron, Sitecore, Drupal, and YourMembership.
- Association management and market evaluation. Want to start an association but don’t know what’s involved? Have a product or service you think would be of interest to associations but have no idea how to reach the right stakeholders? Or just need some virtual or in-person help with a project or on an interim basis? I’ve spent most of my career in the association sector and have experience across almost all departments, including events, marketing, membership, web, publications, media relations, communications, and volunteer management.