I saw this on Kami Huyse’s blog, Communication Overtones, and had to give it a try.
Here are her instructions for embedding a tweet in your blog:
Step-by-Step Instructions for Inserting an Embeddable Tweet:
- Choose the Tweet you want to use on the Web by clicking on its timestamp
- Copy the unique URL for the Tweet
- Go to the Blackberry Pie tool on Twitter’s Media Site
- Paste the URL in the box under the Blackberry Pie Header
- Click “Bake It”
- Once the code is generated, it is pretty long, copy and open your blogging platform.
- Go to the HTML view and past the code
- Write something intelligent, witty or otherwise interesting around the quote
- Tweet the person that you quoted to let them know that you did
- See? It is easy as pie – Blackberry Pie!
(no offense to Kami but Twitter Media actually calls it “Blackbird Pie”)
Um, how did my blog go from having 1 “liker” (me) to 24 likers all the sudden? I just noticed that.
I don’t love how this looks with the frame of background around the tweet, but it’s easier than snagging screenshots, saving them, then uploading them into a blog post.